Advancing The Kingdom of God
Prayer is not only a weapon to be wielded in the midst of spiritual battles, prayer is the means of advancing the Kingdom of God. God has chosen to accomplish his work, further his Kingdom and save sinners through prayer. Indeed, prayer moves the arm that moves the world.
Commmunity Group Questions:
- What causes prayer to malfunction? Why do you think your prayers can feel boring and stale at times? What is a remedy for this?
- Survey some examples of prayer in the New Testament. (Possible examples may include Luke 22:31-34, John 15:16, Ephesians 1:15-23, Philippians 1:3-11). What do you notice?
- How does God receive glory through our prayer life and responding to it?
- While imprisoned, what does Paul ask the Ephesians to pray for? What would you have expected him to ask for prayer for?
- Is prayer for you and your household primary or peripheral? Is it essential or incidental? What steps can you take to change this?