Don't Be Shaken
Paul is writing to a church that is suffering doubts and is thrust into confusion. So he writes to bring stability to their instability by reiterating several truths to anchor their life in.
- What circumstances in your life have caused a crisis of belief for you? What helped you persevere?
- What has caused confusion in the church at Thessalonica?
- What approach does Paul take to comforting them and stabilizing them?
- Read Romans 8:29-39. What comforts do you take from this text?
- How does the doctrine of God's election provide comfort, confidence and security?
- Have there been moments in your life where you knew God was sustaining your faith, keeping you when you felt nearly hopeless? If so, share your experience.
- Knowing our final outcome is glory, how does that shape our lives now? In what ways does this truth about our future transform our present reality?
- How does Paul want the church to respond to his words of encouragement?