Faith In Action
The Apostle James teaches us that genuine faith in Christ leads to personal transformation and action. After we come to faith in Christ, we grow in our love and concern for others, particularly, those who are weak, vulnerable and oppressed. Of specific concern to God is the well being and care of orphans and widows. Hence, the Lord calls the church, his people, to rise up and care for them.
- What does it mean to be “religious” and deceived according to James 1:26?
- What markers or signs does James put forth for genuine faith? Are these the only ones?
- Why is visiting widows and orphans in their distress (affliction) considered “Pure religion”?
- How do we keep ourselves from being polluted by the world?
- What are ways you or your family can get involved to care for widows and or orphans?
- What are the costs of inaction, of doing nothing?