Forgive From Your Heart
Forgiveness is difficult. Each week we struggle with forgiving others while simultaneously struggling with our need to be forgiven. This is a tension we live in. Each week brings opportunity to ask for forgiveness and extend forgiveness. But we rarely do it. This week we examine Jesus’ teaching on forgiveness and we learn what forgiveness is and is not and how to forgive from the heart.
- What is the main point of the parable of the unforgiving servant?
- What is forgiveness? How does the Bible define forgiveness? And what accompanies forgiveness?
- What are misconceptions of forgiveness?
- What are obstacles within us that prevent us from forgiving others? In other words, what are reasons we won't forgive?
- What are the earthly and eternal consequences of failing to forgive?
- Who do you need to forgive? What steps do you need to take to forgive them?