Fruitless Lives & The Authority of Christ
This weeks text explores the theme of Israel’s spiritual hypocrisy through Jesus’ cursing of a fig tree and a challenge to His authority in the temple brought by the chief priests and elders. The truths we see in the text point to a powerful spiritual reality for all of us.
· What does it mean to bear good spiritual fruit?
· How does the good spiritual fruit we bear glorify God?
· Are there areas of your life where you are relying more on your own efforts to grow than you are on Christ’s work on the cross?
· Is the spiritual fruit in your life in keeping with the message of hope and salvation found in what Christ did for you on the cross?
· Has your belief in Christ ever led you to acknowledge Him at the cost of your own reputation? What fruit did you see as a result?