In The Beginning Was The Word
The Gospel of John expounds upon one main theme, that Jesus is the Son of God. And the book has a brilliant design. The Gospel of John focuses on the last three years of Jesus’s life and especially on his death and resurrection. And the Apostle John tells us exactly why he has written the book, to bring us to a place of faith in Jesus so that we may have life in Jesus’ name.
- What do you want to get out of this study in the Gospel of John?
- What do you learn about Jesus’ identity and mission from these verses?
- What similarities do you see in Genesis 1 and John chapter 1?
- What was the role of John the Baptist?
- How does having a witness to the truth demand a verdict?
- Why do you think John begins his gospel emphasizing Jesus’ eternal nature?
- Why is the role of the Trinity important for disciples of Jesus to understand?
- How does the imagery of light and darkness help you understand Jesus’ coming to earth and the power of his gospel?
- In what ways has Jesus overcome the darkness in your life?