Killing Our Pride
In the presence of growing divisiveness and factionalism within the church at Corinth, Paul addresses the issue fueling it all- the Corinthians' pride. Using sound reasoning and at times biting sarcasm, Paul equips the Corinthians with the tools and resources necessary to kill their pride.
- Why is pride so dangerous? How does it manifest itself in your life?
- What’s the danger in viewing church leaders as anything other than servants and stewards?
- What are the mysteries of God that Paul is referring to?
- How should grace change our self-perception, outlook on others and identity?
- For those that follow Christ, should we expect our best life now? Should we expect life to be easy? What does Paul say his life is like?
- How can you kill your pride and grow in grace?