Looking for Jesus in All the Wrong Places
All of us are seeking, seeking relief, peace and redemption from the pains and battles of this life. Unfortunately, we turn to the things of this world to meet this need instead of Jesus. Jesus is the only one who can bring the peace and healing we so desperately need. Through his resurrection, Jesus has conquered over fear, pain and death. He has done it all. All that is left for us to do is to believe in and worship Him.
- What did the women go to the tomb to do?
- What did the angels refer to when they explained why Jesus was not in the tomb?
- What are you trying to gain from the world that only Jesus can provide for you? What are you seeking other than Christ?
- What mediates knowledge of God to us? How does God primarily and most importantly reveal himself to us?
- What was the first thing the women did after hearing the angels’ message?
- Do you believe the resurrection is relevant? If so, who have you told? Need to tell?
- Contrast the responses of Peter and the other apostles?
- Do you still marvel at the truth of the resurrection? Do you think about what was accomplished through it?
- How does or should the truth of the resurrection shape our daily lives? Is the resurrection a truth we believe and move on from?