Orphan Sunday 2018
The purpose of your life is to image God, to be in relationship with him and bring Him glory through enjoying Him. And in the Sermon On The Mount, Jesus is speaking to his disciples and the crowd and introduces two metaphors to create a picture of what our earthly lives are meant for. Jesus says his followers were created to be salt and light. We glorify God by being salt and light in this rotten, dark world. Our lives were made to be a means of preserving and illuminating the world with the light of Christ and bring glory to our Father.
- What are some reasons your life may feel adrift, aimless or off course?
- What does it mean to live a life that is “salt” and “light”? How have you done so?
- What would the people watching your life say about God as a result of your life? Does your life make God look small or great?
- What kind of good works do you think Jesus has in mind?
- What is a specific way you are or you can let your light shine “so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven?”
- How can you be a voice, an advocate for the oppressed?