Peace With God Through Christ
We all yearn for peace and yet peace often eludes us. Peace eludes us because we turn to the wrong things to find peace. We misunderstand what peace is. Peace isn't the absence of conflict or noise; peace isn’t found in individual stillness. Rather, true peace is found in the wholeness of relationship with the God who made us. True peace is being reconciled unto God and dwelling in his presence under His reign forever. And that is what the incarnation of God in Christ is about: establishing true peace in us as we are reconciled to God through Christ.
- What’s an example of a product or person trying to sell you peace? What are things you have turned to in the past for peace?
- What is peace? What are aspects of peace that we often settle for
- What are some of the purposes of the incarnation of God in Christ?
- Read Romans 5:1-11. How is true and lasting peace attained or received?
- What are barriers to receiving peace? Which barriers do you struggle with? (focus on barriers within you, not primarily other people) What robs you of peace? How can peace be regained?
- Unpack several of the ways faith in Christ can be exercised to restore peace.