Prone To Idolatry
To be human is to be a worshipper. You were created and designed as a worshipper. As a worshipper, you will either worship the one true and living God or you will worship something else. When we worship God we show him to be as He is, supremely valuable. And when we worship anything other than the Lord, it is idolatry. Last week, we read as Moses exhorted the Israelites to fear the Lord only. Moses continues a similar message in our text this morning and says the Lord alone is worthy of our worship.
- What is worship? What is idolatry?
- What must Israel do to be successful in conquering the promise land and remain in it?
- How is the God of Israel unique from the gods of the nations? What is unique about God’s relationship to Israel?
- What spiritual responsibility do we have to our children?
- What similarities are there between what the Apostle Paul is talking about in Romans 1:18-32 and Moses words in Deuteronomy?
- What leads you to worship other people or things rather than our Lord?
- What does repentance from idolatry look like for a Christian?
- Read Hebrews 12:18-29. How is the New Covenant and our experience as believers in Christ superior to the old covenant?