Protect The Vulnerable
This morning is Sanctity of Life Sunday. A Sunday in which we recognize the innate dignity of every human being made in the image and likeness of God. Humanity is utterly unique, set apart and resplendent with glory and dignity because of whose image we bear. And horrifically, never before has our humanity been attacked, assaulted and denied in so many ways. There is an arsenal of weapons unleashed to attack human dignity at every stage of life, from the moment of conception to the moment we take our last breath. And God's people, the church is called and equipped to be a redemptive community that works to establish the Kingdom of God through the proclamation of the gospel AND actively working to overthrow injustice and stop oppression wherever it is found.
- What does our culture and society value the most? And how can you tell?
- Where do you see the sanctity of life attacked and assaulted?
- What was God’s primary accusation against Israel?
- Who has no voice today? Who are the defenseless and most vulnerable?
- What’s the difference between an avoidance ethic and what God commands his people to do in verse 17?
- What’s a next step you can take to protect the vulnerable?