Sustaining our Faith
For all who trust in Christ, God is both the source and sustainer of that faith. If we desire to see our faith grow then our knowledge and understanding of who God is and what he has done for all believers must increase. Like Paul, may none of us cease asking God to grant us greater revelation and knowledge of Him.
- Think of a recent example of when you went to God in prayer out of thankfulness for who He is or what He has done. Take turns sharing.
- When Jesus returns to consummate His kingdom, which aspect of the new creation do you look forward to the most?
- Through our faith in Christ we can have confidence that we will be received by God in light of Christ’s perfect record and not our own. Despite this truth, are there still areas of your life where you are reluctant to confess sin or present needs to God? Why? Take turns sharing with your group.
- Share a time, since coming to faith, when you personally experienced God’s power in your own life or in the life of the Church.
- Of the three truths discussed in this week’s passage (The hope we have in God, the Love we have in God and the Power we have in God) which do you most desire to grow in knowledge and understanding of? Share with the group and pray for one another accordingly.