The Fruit Of The Gospel
This week we begin a new sermon series in the book of 1 Thessalonians. In chapter 1, we learn how the gospel created the church in Thessalonica, we see the church spread the gospel and how the gospel shapes the church.
- What are practical ways that Paul encourages the church in Thessalonica that we can emulate?
- Paul mentions faith, love and hope. Where else do we see this triad in Scripture? Why do you think he frequently puts these three together?
- Looking at this text, how can one have assurance of their salvation? What things should thing look for as evidence of genuine conversion?
- When it comes to your Christian walk, are you imitating anyone? Are you actively trying to mold your life after another? If so, other than Jesus, who and why?
- In what specific ways can parents/grandparents model Christlikeness for our children?
- Why should we expect a new convert to have joy?
- Upon hearing and receiving the gospel, what idols did you turn from? What idols do you continue to struggle with?
- Why is waiting on God so difficult? How can we strengthen our hope while we wait?