The Reasonableness of the Resurrection
This morning we are going to examine the reasonableness of faith in the resurrection. There is a plethora of objective, testimonial and historical evidence to the resurrection of Jesus. And if Jesus rose from the dead, then that changes everything about everything. If Jesus said He was going to rise from the dead and then did just that, we have to accept all He said.
1. Why does Christianity hinge upon the resurrection of Jesus? Could Christianity exist without it?
2. If the resurrection was debated in a court 2000 years ago, would there have been enough evidence to prove it is true?
3. What was the role of the temple in Judaism? Was it ever the same after the death and resurrection of Jesus?
4. What do you believe is the strongest evidence for the resurrection of Jesus and why?
5. What is the mission of the church and what is it's source? What are some internal threats (within the church) to this mission being accomplished?
6. What are the implications (for you, all of humanity and history) of Jesus having "all authority"?