Training in Wisdom
How do you build a happy home? We all desire to live in and sustain a happy home life. But how do you that? Fortunately, Proverbs holds out wisdom for the path to a happy home. God has specific order and intentions for the family and the roles therein. Wisdom is to embrace God’s ordering of the family. Harmony at home is the fruit of embracing Christ and his authoritative Word on how to govern your marriage, inform your parenting, build your family and shape your home.
- What influences you the most when it comes to ordering your home and parenting your children?
- What is God’s discipline of his children like?
- Critique your disciplining of your child(ren). What are your weaknesses and strengths? What needs to change?
- In what ways are you tempted not to discipline your child?
- How might you model God’s incredible grace toward struggling sinners (i.e. your children), knowing that you are a sinner as well?