Unexpected Grace and Undeserved Mercy
Joshua chapter 2 is an incredible story in which we see God's mercy extending beyond Israel to people of the surrounding nations. God desires that all nations be saved. And here we see his salvation come to a Canaanite woman.
- Why do you think this story is included here in the book of Joshua?
- Rahab is mentioned 3 times in NT. In Matthew 1:5, Hebrews 11:31, James 2:25. What do these three passages teach us about Rahab and her faith? What role does she play in the history of our faith? Does this surprise you? Why or why not?
- Rahab moved from knowledge of the God of Israel to faith in the God of Israel. How did she express this? How do you move from knowledge to trust in God? How do you express this?
- God is faithful. How has God shown his faithfulness to you? What were the circumstances?
- How does the story of Rahab encourage you in your relationship with Christ?
- What does the conversion of Rahab, a Canaanite prostitute teach us about the Lord’s salvation? How does this comfort and or challenge you?