Victory Through Our Lord
In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul is teaching us what will happen to us when Jesus returns. Everyone in Christ receives the benefits of Jesus' victory over sin and death. Regardless of if we are alive when Jesus returns or have passed away, we all shall be fitted with a new body, a heavenly body that is fit for our new eternal dwelling. Our mortal bodies as they are now, are not fit for Heaven. But God shall give us new bodies that are perfectly suited for our eternal future. And with our future secure, we are freed to live radically for Christ and His Kingdom knowing that none of our work or efforts for His Kingdom are in vain but shall all be rewarded.
- What do you think our future, heavenly bodies will be like and why?
- Is there continuity between our present bodies and our heavenly ones? Support your answer from Scripture.
- If death has been defeated by Christ, why do people still presently die?
- What does it mean that God gives us victory through Christ?
- With our eternal well being secure and safe, how should that influence how we live now? And why doesn’t it in practice for many of us?
- Our work for the Kingdom of God shall be rewarded. What will this be like? Are their various amounts of reward in Heaven? Should we be motivated by these rewards?