Who will Inherit the Kingdom of God?
Who will inherit the Kingdom of God? In 1 Corinthians 6, the Apostle Paul warns us that those who live in unrepentant sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Only those who are washed, sanctified and justified by God will inherit eternal life. And there is hope for the worst of us in Jesus Christ. Jesus loves to take guilty sinners and make them clean. He will wash away your guilt and shame. He will robe you with the righteousness of Christ. Heaven is full of people who once were sexually immoral, who once were greedy etc. but are now cleansed by Christ. And not only will Jesus forgive you, He will change you. He will change you, so that tomorrow, by His grace, you will not be who you are today. He will make you like Himself.
- What are some of the most common misconceptions about God and Heaven? Where do these come from?
- Why would Paul warn people in the church of not inheriting eternal life?
- Is this list of sin in verses 9 and 10 exhaustive? Are these the only sins that prevent one from entering Heaven? What’s the point Paul is making?
- In what ways are you tempted or do you whitewash your sin? i.e. make your sin seem to not be as bad or severe or serious as it really is.
- What do we need to enter Heaven and inherit eternal life? How do we get it?
- In light of our salvation and the means by which we are saved, why should the church be the humblest and happiest people on earth?